Empire Roofing Awarded The 2013, 2014 and 2015 Inner Circle Of Quality Award – A Top Industry Recognition.
The Firestone Inner Circle of Quality Award is one of the most prestigious honors in the commercial roofing industry. Only a select handful of the top roofers in North America have the honor of being an Inner Circle member.
It is only awarded to Firestone Building Products ‘Master Contractors’ who maintain at least two million square feet of Firestone roofs under warranty and achieve an annual Firestone Quality Incidence Rating of 2.0 or less.
Call Empire Roofing, your top roofing experts in Ontario today for a no cost or obligation ,100 point roof inspection and full color report.
What it Means to be a Firestone Building Products Master Contractor / Roofing Contractor Checklist
Firestone Building Products division is actually larger than the tire division. Bridgestone Firestone is the largest rubber manufacturer in the world.
Firestone Building products has produced billions of square feet of product since the 1980’s. Most people associate Firestone with tires but do not realize that they are the largest manufacturer of single ply roofing membranes with a focus on TPO (Thermoplastic Polyolefin Roofing Membrane) and EPDM (ethylene propylene diene monome – a rubber membrane) roofing products. These rubber or plastic membranes are a popular choice with some of our clients here in Ontario including Lowe’s, Shopper’s Drug Mart, Walmart, Mc Donald’s and more.
Empire Roofing is a firestone master roofing contractor. There are only 8 in Canada and 250 in the world. In order to qualify as a master contractor the contractor must achieve Contractor Quality Points to maintain their status. See below for the Contractor Check List to ensure you are always choosing a quality roofing contractor. Ensuring that you work with quality ethical partners means you are not going to be faced with costly problems down the road.
TPO Roofing Systems
Thermoplastic single-ply roofing membranes are among the fastest growing commercial roofing products and have gained broad industry acceptance for their many performance and installation advantages. As demand increases for heat-reflective and energy efficient roofing systems, thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) single-ply roofing membranes continue to provide exceptional resistance to ultraviolet, ozone and chemical exposure.
You’ll notice the roof membrane is white. Light-colored roofs reflect UV radiation and improve a building’s energy efficiency. ReflexEON TPO has the highest solar reflectivity of any TPO roofing membrane after 3 years of aging as tested by the Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC). Its enhanced formulation provides uncompromisedweatherability and durability year after year.
With its superior energy efficiency, greater cost effectiveness and proven fire safety, Firestone polyiso insulation is the insulation trusted most by roofing professionals.
Firestone polyiso rigid foam board insulation is the ideal choice for any project and is used in approximately 60 percent of all new commercial construction applications.
All Firestone polyiso insulations use EPA approved blowing agents.
Use this checklist to ensure you are working with the best and most reliable quality contractor.
ROOFING CONTRACTOR CHECKLIST
- Does the contractor have a legitimate business location (not run out of home/ pick up truck)?
- What is the exact business location? NEVER use a contractor without a physical address.
- Does the contractor have office support staff for customers (is the phone answered by a secretary)?
- Did the contractor make and keep scheduled appointments?
- Did the contractor offer personal appointments / site meeting with the owner?
- Are there service vehicles/ reliable transportation? (our partner owns a fleet of 35 units)
- Did the roofer come with a truck and ladder for the estimate?
- Did the contractor assess degree of deck rot and condition? (rooftop inspection)
- Was the time taken to explain / review quotation?
- Did the estimator provide budget/ material option?
- Was the scope of work explained?
- Were samples provided?
- Was company literature provided?
- Were photos taken?
- Will contractor have work force capable of carrying out work?
- Will contractor provide full time onsite foreman available for customer’s access?
- Did quote specify means to address unknown work/ extra structural deficiencies should they arise?
- Will manufacturer carry out final inspection upon completion of work?
- Did contractor provide final inspection checklist?
- Will contractor carry liability insurance of at least $2,000,000 and provide their policy number?
- Was actual copy of WSIB certificate provided?
- Is contractor a member of the NRCA (National Roofing Corporation)?
- Is the contractor in good standing with the BBB?
- Does the contractor provide 24 hour emergency service? How to reach them? Cell No.?
- Does the contractor provide follow-up questionnaire to ensure long term satisfaction?
- Did the contractor include a copy of product warranty?
- Will company be in business to honor their warranty? What is the proof?
- Does the company have the financial capability to back their warranty?
- Can contractor provide 25,000 customer references?
- Does the contractor have a license? Is it current? What is the number?
- Can contractor show completed projects done locally with the type of material you want?
- Does the contractor have over 28 million sq feet of roofing installed?